First Drive of '99 in '62 Sprite MKII

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: First Drive of '99 in '62 Sprite MKII
From: Dave_Vrba@mail.sel.sony.com (Dave Vrba)
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 11:34:53 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
     Listers:

     Got the Sprite off the jack stands and on the road for the first time
     since Sept '98.  My wife and I entered a A/B gimmick rally Sunday and
     had a GREAT carefree drive in No. Calif. with a flawless performance
     from "UGY" our Sprite's name. (Came from the normal license plate
     number 056 UGY)  I really like driving this car!

     The main reason for this post is to THANK everyone on the list who may
     have helped me in all the "while your at it" tasks I completed since
     Sept '98.  To name a couple of biggies, the cutting off and
     replacement of the ball joints and rear brake shoe proper procedure
     for disassembly and REassembling the CORRECT way and position.

     Also did master cylinder sleeving, new front shocks, new front brake
     pads, bled clutch and brake lines, cored the radiator, installed
     expansion tank for radiator, new hoses, installed electric radiator
     push fan on a relay circuit, rebuilt the heater box, rebuilt the
     heater valve, new coolant with water wetter (great stuff), changed
     engine oil and filter, changed out the gear oil in the tranny with
     engine oil (todays gear oil here will eat up colored metal) , drained
     and filled the rear end gear oil, replaced both rear brake cylinders
     (tossed the e clips and used circlips with washers) replaced both rear
     wheel axle o rings and paper gaskets, regreased rear wheel bearings,
     cleaned plugs, new plug wires and about another 25 to 50 things.
     Sorry for the long windedness.

     Once again, THANKS to the list and its subscribers.  You are the
     greatest people!

     Dave
     '62 Sprite MKII
     Dublin, CA

     A thought to ponder:

     "A crummy commute is made much easier when you drive it in a British
     car!  -AMEN-"