Re: Sprite body support

To: Birch <birch@cadvision.com>
Subject: Re: Sprite body support
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 21:37:53 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Birch wrote:

> Hi! I am new here and am working on a 1960 Bugeye. I have some fairly
> major body work to do including the entire floor pan and rear suspension
> boxes. Someone suggested I build a support framework to ensure the body
> alignment is not lost during this work.
>
> Has anyone done this or does anyone have plans for building such a
> structure. Other suggestions?

Ken

Here is one suggestion.
Jack the car up/down/or sideways to get the doors to fit correctly,
place 2  4x4s under the car to keep it supported. Weld 2 straps across
the doors to keep them lined up. This also keeps things from moving when
you cut out the floors and sills.

I did this a few years back and just put the 4x4s across 2 stout saw
horses to bring the car up to a nice working height.

Simple but effective.
Welcome to the list

--
Frank Clarici