Re: AMP vs Volt meter

To: mikkel@isa.dknet.dk
Subject: Re: AMP vs Volt meter
From: "Andy Webster" <trunkie@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 09:40:17 GMT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Mikkel,
welcome to the list.
I would expect that a '70 model has an alternator but I know that with a
generator at idle, it's ruuning too slow to produce any significant power
thus the red ignition light comes on. This light coming on is analogous to
the ammeter reading on the d/- side as it (gen) is not putting out as much
current as the ignition system is consuming. I thought that alternators did
their thing even at low revs but maybe its not quite enough to offset the
consumption. Is it swinging way over to the -ve side? coz I don't think that
that would be normal, but a little to the -ve is not to worry about IMHO.
If I'm wrong it wont take long for the sparkies to correct me.
Andy