Re: speaking of guages.....

To: Toby Atwater <tob@taltec.net>
Subject: Re: speaking of guages.....
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 18:57:47 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Toby Atwater wrote:

> my water temp guage is kaput....

> - fix it... duh....but the problem is I really dont want to find a
> replacment oil/water guage... the smiths one is just so cool... can someone
> give me some insight on what usually goes wrong with em? is the kinked line
> my prob?

Hold a match to the bulb and see if it reads anything. If it at least
moves, you can recalibrate it (see PDLJMPR tech tips) It may also be the
cardboard inner seal under the glass jamming the needle. If the line is
cut or the *stuff* inside the tube excaped, it is kaput.

> - electrical conversion.... I dont know if they even exist, but maybe the
> later model spridgets used electrical? for some reason I like them better.

Electric Smiths gauges are available new from Mini or Jag parts sellers,
maybe
Peter C from the list has them? They are simple to install you just need
the gauge and sending unit and a bit of wire. I think MGBs had electric
temp gauges too.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ