Re: Help identify this Midget

To: Scott Kilborn <scottk@pcpartner.net>
Subject: Re: Help identify this Midget
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 21:55:42 -0400
Cc: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Scott

Sounds like you have a 1098 Midget, it should also have disc brakes.
A few good shots with a big hammer should free the brake drum. Squirt it
with liquid wrench or other penetrating oil (WD does not penetrate well)
let it sit a while and smack it hard beween each stud and all around the
edge of the drum.
If you crack it or break it into many pieces, I can send you one for
cost of shipping.
I have beat frozen brakes with a sledge hammer and never broke a drum
(yet) that's why I have about a dozen hanging around the garage.

I guess you have a project cut out for you now.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ