Re: mechanical advance

To: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Subject: Re: mechanical advance
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 23:21:12 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Jeff Boatright wrote:

> Dear Listers,
>
> Is there an advantage/disadvantage to an all-mechanical advance distributor
> vs the more common combination mechanical plus vacuum?

I like the full centrifical advance personally.
It just feels snapier!
I even prefer these to the Mallory dual point. I took the dual point out
and popped in a Lucas full centrifical with Cooper "S" points. Cooper
points have a stronger spring rating.
Did anyone ever try to get a dual point dizzy set perfect?

I am no engineer, nor an electrician, not even a plumber so my technical
answer is still  "I just feels snapier!"

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ