Re: Sealing Question

To: adrian@icx.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sealing Question
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 12:54:40 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 5/30/99 7:36:04 AM EST, adrian@icx.net writes:

<< Should I tear the engine back down and use sealant, or should it be
 okay?  Thanks!

Adrian--

I wouldn't touch the engine as far as tearing it back down big time.  I used
the white lithium grease (on the advice of the same mechanic) on my 1500 and
it is doing well.  If it ain't leaking there is no reason to go back and tear
it down, it doesnt seem to me.  If I were going to do that though, I would
not use the silicone blue stuff, I think I would use the sticky compound that
ACTS like lithium grease and does not dry, which aids in opening the engine
again--I have forgotten the name of--Hyper*** something-- it but will eyeball
it after while and send the name of it to you. That stuff wasn't around when
Buddy learned to use white lithium and he didnt know anything about it.  But
it looks like it might be the best of both worlds.

Good luck!  One thought--maybe go back and do the easy parts, like the oil
pan, etc.

--David