Re: 1275 Tech. Question

To: endicott@nashville.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1275 Tech. Question
From: VolksPEZ@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 21:36:47 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hmmm....my guess would be yes...timing or carburation....Im getting the same
out of my Alfa Spider right now (Sorry, I want another LBC but noone wants to
trade me, anyone want an Alfa Spider?) Just switched the car over to dual
Dellorto 45s and electronic ignition.  If your timing is set right (mine is
now) I would guess carburation. I know for a fact mine is still in need of
some serious tweaking.   I wouldnt think its causing alot of damage...but my
experience is with VWs not LBCs so there may be peculiarities.  Set your
timing, get it just right then start tweaking the carb as needed.  I still
get alot of popping on my Spridget too but it is full race prepped and so
high strung Im not sure a perfect balance will ever be acheived.