Re: Waxoyl

To: geopro@cyberdrive.net, ckotting@iwaynet.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Waxoyl
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 06:26:21 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 5/31/99 11:10:05 PM EST, geopro@cyberdrive.net writes:

<< now which is it, Mineral Spirits
 or Dematured Alcohol? >>

In a message dated 5/31/99 11:10:05 PM EST, geopro@cyberdrive.net writes:

<< now which is it, Mineral Spirits
 or Dematured Alcohol? >>

For my money, I would say "Spirits" used to thin Waxoyl is Mineral Spirits,
not denatured alcohol.  Denatured alcohol is a water-based product with a
large volume of water in its composition.  It will not dissolve wax.  Mineral
spirits is a petroleum based product that will dissolve wax, then evaporate
very quickly to leave the wax deposited on a surface--an important
consideration here, I think.  Mix a very small amount of each and watch the
results.  That shold tell ya.

Unless it means to add ghosts to the concoction.  In that case, Who ya gonna
call?  "Ghostbusters!"

--David  8^)