Miata Parts Sources

To: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Subject: Miata Parts Sources
From: Herb_Goede@amsinc.com
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 09:46:48 -0600
Cc: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net

You can credit Italian engineers for the top on your Miata, not the
Japanese.  They stole the whole design from Alfa/Fiat.  Look at the
exterior door handles.  Remarkably similar to the Alfa Spyder's.   The
whole car is a combination of Lotus Elan and Alfa Spyder with a dash of
MGB.

According to my Dad, a WWII pilot, a Kate engine was rebuilt during WWII
using parts from allied planes.  It takes 8 years to receive a patent in
Japan.  By that time the idea is so outdated or so copied that the value is
gone.  I swear the Japanese have never had an original thought.

Herb G.