Re: 1275 Flywheel

To: "Larry & Sandi Miller" <millerls@ado13.com>
Subject: Re: 1275 Flywheel
From: "David Ramsey" <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 99 20:39:37 PDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Larry,  I'm running the 210 clutch with a 1098 flywheel,  There was to much
clearance between the pressure plate and throwout bearing as measured by
Rivergates instructions as I recall they want between 1/8" to 3/8" clearance.
and mine was 1/2" ( I had my machine shop space the bearing on the collar 1/4"
and use green loctite on it) so the clearance is now 1/4" and that was using
the stock fork and collar, you will also need the stock 210 throwout bearing.
I also had to go back to a stock sleeve that the throwout bearing rides on (
the parts from a datsun 4 speed are the same, fork, collar, & sleeve, ) .  So
far the clutch works much better than the 1098 one did and doesn't "overdrive"
the plate.  The peddle is also a little lighter than before and I'm using the
stock bug-i master and the slave Bill sent me.
                Crash