Re: PCV needed?

To: otte@cats.ucsc.edu
Subject: Re: PCV needed?
From: "Andy Webster" <trunkie@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 15:31:02 GMT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I have a 63 mkII sprite with no pollution crud and, what I believe to be,
its original pcv system intact. It consists of a stiff hose coming 6 inches
vertically up from the centre of the intake manifold to  a 2inch circular,
flat topped valve with a hose running from the frontside of that to the oil
separator. It keeps the engine under negative pressure i.e partial vaccuum,
with an oil cap that seals or almost seals so that if I remove the oil cap,
the rpm increases. My engine leaks very little, if any oil. I was leaking
some from the oil filter housing but since the last oil change, that has
ceased.
Andy