Temperature Question 2A

To: "'Majordomo, Spridgets List'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Temperature Question 2A
From: "Gronberg, John" <john.gronberg@us.landisstaefa.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 10:21:55 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
This may be from left field but I remember from my VW days that you were not
suppose to use any type of paint on radiators or heat transfer fins because
it reduced the capability of the radiator to give off heat to the air.  My
nice rebuilt vertical flow radiator was painted "all" black, tanks and fins.
While I haven't had a chance to ask him what he used, if it is the wrong
paint could that reduce the effectiveness of the radiator THAT MUCH?  There
is suppose to be a special paint that actually helps the heat removal and it
is called non-insulate paint. Like stove black paint used on pot belly
stoves and such.

Regards
John Gronberg
Siemens Building Technologies, Inc.