Re: Intake Valves

To: mjfoster@execpc.com
Subject: Re: Intake Valves
From: Paul A Asgeirsson <pasgeirsson@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 10:51:07 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
On Fri, 04 Jun 1999 07:03:12 -0500 Michael J Foster <mjfoster@execpc.com>
writes:
>I am haveing the head rebuilt on my 948 and the shop tells me the
>seats
>on the intake valves have been ground out by a previous owner and the
>1.00 inch valves are too small, need a valve with diameter of 1.18 or
>1.20 inches.
>
>Any suggestions on where to get this size valve?  What about putting
>harden seats?
>

>Mike
>59 Bugeye

Hi Mike,

948's from the factory normally had no seats in the heads, just flame
hardened cast iron.  Sound like the right time to put in hard seats, hard
valves and turn it into an unleaded head, or get a 1098 head and do the
same.  David Anton at A.P.T. has all the goodies to do this job,
including just about any size valve.

Paul
PAsgeirsson