Re: 77 Midget gear shift lever

To: wmgilroy@lucent.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 77 Midget gear shift lever
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 15:59:51 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 6/4/99 8:41:33 AM EST, wmgilroy@lucent.com writes:

<<  For the life of me I cannot see what is causing
 the hang, if it even is hung up. >>

Bill--

There is a groove in the ball of the shifter, and a pin that drives through
the side of the tranny where the shifter goes.  The pin engages in the
groove.  There is a pin in both sides, but only the one on the side of the
groove should be protruding inside the socket.  Check to see that the pin on
the other side has not somehow been pushed through--if so it could engage the
side of the ball that does not have the groove and keep it up.  Also check to
see if the pin on the side of the groove has not been pushed TOO FAR into the
socket.

Just something to check!

--David