Re: Engine rebuild

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine rebuild
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 1999 08:04:48 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 6/6/99 0:44:53 AM EST, pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com writes:

<< I would have the block hot tanked before doing anything. >>

Gerald--  Not knowing anything about your skill as a machinist or your tool
kit, and knowing full well my own limitations in answering the questions you
pose, since you are probably going to take the block to a machine shop for
hot-tanking anyway, I would have them check it out.   The 1275 I overhauled I
took the block and the crank in and had it hot tanked, it needed boring so I
had that done, Crank journals polished, new freeze plugs of course, and had
them measure everytthing for clearances and tolerances and tell me the sizes
of bearings, etc. that I needed.  The expense wasn't too bad, especially for
the peace of mind I have.  Considering that I was going "all the way" with
the rebuild I thought it woulda been "false economy" to not have everything
checked out by a professional.

My loose change.

---David