Re: tanking tip (was Engine rebuild

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tanking tip (was Engine rebuild
From: Ronsoave@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 1999 10:52:36 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 99-06-06 08:21:33 EDT, Lancer7676@aol.com writes:

> The 1275 I overhauled I
>  took the block and the crank in and had it hot tanked,

Trying to remember specifics, but when I got my "spotless" block back from
tanking/machine work, I noticed an oil gallery plug at the back(maybe front)
that hadn't been drilled out.  I drilled it out and used a pressure washer on
it, then some long oil channel brushes and got TONS of crap out of there.  I
strongly recommend drilling out that plug before tanking.  After, tap a hole
and plug it (1/2 inch pipe thread worked, I think).

Size / location details sketchy in my mind, but you'll see what I mean when
you look.

Ron