Re: New Brake problem,To me anyways

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New Brake problem,To me anyways
From: Mark Snowdon <racer45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 01:04:54 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Frank Clarici wrote:

> I had what looked like rust flakes in my master.
> That and water drops. It was straight out of the box, bench bled and
> installed.
> It drove me nuts.
> To get moving again I cracked the lines lose at the master, this
> relieved the pressure and as long as I didn't step on the brakes more
> then once or twice it was OK. If I pumped up the pedal it got harder and
> harder untill the car would not move.
>
> --
> Frank Clarici
> Toms River, NJ
> Bugeye Sprite
> 67 Sprite
> 59 A40
> http://www.exit109.com/~spritenut/
That sounds like this one, i had about an inch of free travel, then rock
hard. Which is wierd since we have never had what I describe as a firm
pedal on this car. I bought this master abvout a year ago from a British
car shop in the area, The owner is a friend of mine so I think I will
leave it up to him to clean it out. Thanks for the tip.

Mark Snowdon,
www.Geocities,com/MotorCity/Speedway/6981