Re: overheating water temp

Subject: Re: overheating water temp
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 08:17:40 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Toby -

"Water Wetter" is pretty much contains a surfactant and an
anti-corrosive, and that's all.  It doesn't affect the boiling point, it
just helps the heat transfer from the metal of the engine to the water,
and from the water to the radiator, by reducing the surface tension
(hence the name of the stuff).  According to Frank (We Tight) Clarici,
you can get the same effect with about 6 drops of cheap dishwashing
liquid, though you may want to add a solubile oil for the anti-corrosive
properties.

Don't know how to calculate the increase in boiling point from the
pressurization, though.

Chris Kotting
ckotting@iwaynet.net