Re: Temperature Question 3

To: "Gronberg, John" <john.gronberg@us.landisstaefa.com>
Subject: Re: Temperature Question 3
From: HFC <froggi@cdsnet.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 10:52:53 -0700
Cc: "'Majordomo, Spridgets List'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
John,
I wouldn't recommend running without a thermostat.  A thermostat allows the
engine to maintain a constant, normal temperature (determined by the set-point
of the thermostat) and ALSO allows for the coolant in the radiator to cool down.

By running without the thermostat, what happens is the water/colant circulates
constantly without having any "cool down" time in the radiator.  The w/c keeps
getting hotter and hotter.
WFO Herb