Weekend Tour

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Weekend Tour
From: Jason Urban <jurban@p3.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 10:29:49 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
It was a great weekend for our Philly region AHSTC tour.  Sunday morning we
all met at the William Penn Inn in North Wales at 7:30.  A nice cool
morning and cars were running good.  We even had one of our better turnouts
- 1 Bugeye, 2 Box Sprites, 6 Big Healeys, and a Lotus Esprit(a bit out of
place, but still an LBC).

The Sprite was running well considering it's only been on the road a week
since the engine/tranny rebuild.  Didn't have time to setup the carbs
correctly and so I just used last years settings.  Still, it ran great!!  I
can't wait to see what I can get out of it with a real tune.  The new rims
and sneakers also made for a much smoother ride.  There's still some
sorting, though, before July's dinner tour.

We set out through Skippack, wound through Montgomery county, and curved
around Green Lane Reservoir.  Bill and Gretchen Hurni led in the Bugeye and
they sure move FAST.  Plus, they picked some really good roads with hills
and curves.  Breakfast was at Butter Valley in Bally just above
Gibletsville(Gilbertsville).  This place is a restaraunt with golf course
and airport.  After breakfast we stopped for a photo shoot(these and more
will be posted soon!) and then got rolling again.

When we left breakfast, Holly and I followed the Bugeye, the Lotus was
behind us(boy does that look strange after seeing Healeys behind you all
morning!), and the other cars fell in behind him.  We're flying along these
backroads, keeping an eye out for the cars behind us.....  And then there
were three.  No cars behind the Lotus.  We wait a few minutes - no one.  So
the Hurni's turn around and go looking while we wait.  5 minutes later they
return - they found _some_ cars.  We turn around and come to this 4 way
intersection.  From every direction there are Healeys.  Wish we would have
had a picture of that!!  So now we're down to 6 cars and we decide to
continue on.

We later learned that the 7th car missed a turn because of traffic.  At
least they knew the area and were able to make it home OK.  Next tour we'll
have to pay a little more attention to the other cars.

But MAN was it a fun time, especially after putting in all the hard work
over the past 3 months to get the car ready!!

Jason.

|  Jason Urban - APOGEE LABS  215-699-2060    |
|     CA Studio   web.p3.net/~jurban          |
|  '95 Z/28 6spd    '65 Austin-Healey Sprite  |
|  '96 Land Rover Disco                       |