test drive\road trip review....

Subject: test drive\road trip review....
From: "Toby Atwater" <tob@taltec.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 14:24:55 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
ohhh man! what a car...... my little test drive turned into a road trip... I
drove about 60 miles and had lunch too... it was awesome! I also ran some
errrands while I was at it to test the cooling system in stop and go
trafic...
looks like the temp got upto 105 degrees C (221 F) at traffics worst... its
also scorching hot outside today... but most of the time it was around 90
degrees C (194 F)... I might have to to overhaul the cooling system in the
near future... but for now... it will do....

It ran great... I spent most of my time driving through different twisties
looking for good roads... and it Burns rubber off of the line! i wasnt
expecting that.... the steering feels great... I just have to get used to
it... When I sneezed... I almost crashed, very delicate...

All in all...an awesome car.... all I need now is some idle adjustments...
it idles a bit fast in my taste... what should it idle at? 1000 rpm?

 I thought the sprite looked small in my garage... on the road... it shrinks
next to SUVS....

Toby.... who cant get enough of that exaust note.....

Toby Atwater,   Santa Barbara, CA, tob@taltec.net
1969 Austin Healey Sprite, mk 4 "noname" (in restoration!)
1971 FJ-40 Toyota Land Cruiser "BEEF" (daily driver.. stock everything)