Re: Re:Tunnels..was:test drive\road trip review....

To: "Andy Webster" <trunkie@hotmail.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re:Tunnels..was:test drive\road trip review....
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 13:46:10 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
That sound is about Compression .... Lots of compression makes things
Crisp... you oughta hear the Little Bonneville Motor crackle.... with 15:1
pistons and a 680 lift cam shaft.... this thing is amazing..
We went through the lights last weekend at 8000Rpm... and were shifting at
8200.... on a Small block chevrolet that is a bunch.... but it is designed
to turn 10,500.... This is the only Motor I don't need a tunnel for.... Oh
it has a really really light weight flywheel so it revs like nothing I have
ever owned.... one blip of the throttle instantly sends the motor to 6-8000
Rpm... Thank God for rev limiters.....

Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100, Bugeye, Box sprites, Bonneville Camaro ( Land Speed
Racer)

----------

<spridgets@autox.team.net>
> >Subject: Re: test drive\road trip review....
> >Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 07:22:38 -0700
> >
> >When my son was 14 we rebuilt a 69 sprite in Germany and Road tripped it
> >through Europe... on our passage through the alps there was a tunnel
about
> >5 miles long..... MAN you talk about sex.... awesome.. that sprite never
> >has sounded better then that five miles... and Yes I hooked him on
Sprites
> >to... and the second son who has a Midget... hmmm  "why Doctor YES I
think
> >I have a Problem"
> >
> >Keith Turk.... 100/4.. Bugeye...Boxes Galore.. and that Damn Camaro..
that
> >goes 180.361 mph (if it could sing... it would sing.... Oh I wish I were
an
> >Austin Healey Race car that is what I'd truly like to beeeee... cuz if I
> >were an Austin Healey Race car... everyone would be in Love with Me....

> > > Subject: RE: test drive\road trip review....
> > > Date: Tuesday, June 08, 1999 9:48 PM
> > >
> > > Well, he's in Santa Barbara and the tunnel that Dustin Hoffman drove
> >through
> > > (the wrong way) in the Graduate is only about 30 miles North.  Could
be
> >big
> > > time trouble.
> > >
> > > Congrats, Toby.