Re: US roadtrip - info needed

To: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: US roadtrip - info needed
From: Mike Maclean <macleans@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 16:37:06 -0700
Cc: Mikkel Pedersbęk <mikkel@isa.dknet.dk>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Here in California, you must have insurance first to get a car registered, so
the
insurance would come first.  There are so many fly-by-night insurance companies
here, that getting insurance over the phone is possible from a friends address.
You can then probably use the insurance paperwork sent to your friends address
prove residence to get the car registered.  Sounds round about, but I'm having a
beer right now because you made me think of what it costs to have a car here in
the People's Democratic Republic of Kalifornia.
Mike MacLean-60 Sprite