Re: Wiring Diagram for bugeye.

To: Dan Mullis <dmullis@Adobe.COM>
Subject: Re: Wiring Diagram for bugeye.
From: Herb_Goede@amsinc.com
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 09:19:59 -0600
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net

Dan,

Been there.  Your best bet is the wiring diagram/color coding from a haynes
or bentley manual.  A couple of things to keep in mind:

At one time the screw on connections used on the bugeye were not available.
Your voltage regulator, flasher unit, fuse box and various other components
may have been replaced with later model items that used spade connectors.
You probably paid good money for that wiring harness so don't cut the
fittings and replace with spade connectors.  Bite the bullet and replace
the pieces necessary or jury rig a temporary solution until you can afford
the replacement.  Sometimes you can get a few bucks for the parts you
replace from later model owners.

Some of the small sections were not supplied with my harness so keep your
old one.  For example there is a section that goes from the main harness
across the heater box and down into the footwell for the dipper switch.  I
had to make this section using correct color scrap wire from the old
harness.  I then covered it with shrink tube from radio shack.  The
headlight pigtails are missing sometimes too.

If you run into any difficulties let me know and I'll try to advise you
based on how mine went in.

Luck, Herb