Re: oil-cooler question

To: mikkel@isa.dknet.dk, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: oil-cooler question
From: HealeyRic2@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 21:22:42 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 6/15/99 5:25:03 PM, mikkel@isa.dknet.dk writes:

<<Just a quick question regarding oil-cooler.

Is there any difference between the steel and rubber hoses ?>>

Definitely.  Steel hoses won't rub up against sharp protrusions in the engine
compartment/chassis causing the oil pressure gauge to plummet to 0 while
driving at 70 m.p.h. leaving the driver wondering: 1.  Why is the pressure
gauge reading "0" ?2.  How long has it been reading "0"? 3.  How can I pull
off the road so I can check out why I have no oil pressure? 4.  Why is there
a big puddle of oil under the car? 5. Why is there a hole in my rubber oil
cooler hose? 6. Where can I get 4 qts of oil in a hurry?  7.  How far a walk
is it back to the last service station?  8.  Was it oil-starved long enough
to damage the engine? 9.  How much is the engine rebuild going to cost?

Don't ask me how I know!  Spring for the steel hoses.

Rick