Re: oil-cooler question - Answer

To: JustBrits@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: oil-cooler question - Answer
From: HealeyRic2@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 23:40:31 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 6/15/99 9:35:47 PM, JustBrits writes:

<<Nope Rick, WRONG.   In My Very Humble Opinion, your maintaince program and
adherence to proper parts is showing itself extremely well !!

WRONG? This is hardly constructive criticism.  Without knowing anything about
the equipment or maintenance history you assume the failure was on my part
and cover the cutting attack with "In My Very Humble Opinion" .  In my
experience, people who have to proclaim to the world that they are "very
humble" seldom are.  People make mistakes, whether professional mechanics or
amateur LBC'ers and in a perfect world, every hose routing would avoid all
the places where contact with body and chassis parts could occur.  But
sometimes we just screw up. (For example, what kind of "maintaince" program
is your spell checker on?)

And, please explain why the "steel" covered hoses will not develop abrasions
when rubbing up the exact same points????

My opinion is that the "steel" hoses will have greater resistance to chafing
and will take longer for these abrasions to cause hose failure, giving a
chance to spot the developing problem before it's too late. Would've worked
in my case.  You may now explain why you think this is incorrect and if so,
what your recommendation would be, steel or rubber?
Why?

Play nice or they'll take our toys away from us.

Rick