Re: Spridget windshield refit

To: "robert askew" <robert_askew@bc.sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: Spridget windshield refit
From: "Wiedemeyer" <boxweed@thebest.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 08:47:08 -0400
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I had the same problem with an MGB about 2 years ago.  The holes lacked
about 1/4 inch from lining up because of the increased thickness of the new
rubber.  I just had a friend push down on the top of the windshield frame
with "brute force" while I got the bolts started.  No broken windshields and
this method worked.  However, if your bolts are off by more than 1/4 inch,
this method will probably not work, and it may be that either the rubber
seal is not the right thickness, or it may not be all the way in the rail.

Bob