Killer Bugeye spotted

To: "Spridget List (E-mail)" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Killer Bugeye spotted
From: Phil Vanner <pvanner@pclink.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 16:25:36 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hello Spridgeteers

Just thought I'd mention a car I saw this past weekend. Dick Oberg, A
Britcar guy from the Twin Cities, brought out his new bugeye last weekend
at an open house at one of the restoration shops. He also has a truly
beautiful Jag XK140 roadster (as opposed to a drophead) but he is not at
all a typical, too-much-attitude Jag owner. He even drives it long
distances. Anyway he had his bright yellow '60 Bugeye out to play. It was
gorgeous.

Wood-rimmed wheel, carpets,  racing seats, harness, no roll bar.
1275 bored to 1380 with lots of internal tweaks  - he said he didn't buy
the aluminum head that's available these days because he had too much work
in this one. 5-speed conversion, Weber sidedraught, disk brakes,later dual
master cylinders, uprated shock valves, lowered springs, 3.7 rear, 5" wide
minilite replicas, 175/80 Yokohamas, just slightly lumpy cam, LCB headers,
3/4" sway bar

Spotlessly clean. No cosmetic defects.  As hot-rodded road Sprites go it
was truly a thing of beauty. As you can guess, he can afford to do it right
and he obviously did. It makes me happy just to know it's out there.

I just thought I'd mention it. You just can't see a car like that and not
tell the Spridgeteers about it.

Nerelectra of Tylenol