74 Rubber Bumper:Fact or Fix-up

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: 74 Rubber Bumper:Fact or Fix-up
From: toyman@htcomp.net
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 99 21:02:44 +0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Got a call from a guy wanting to sell his midget,when I went to look at it,it
is a 1275 car but has the rubber bumpers!?the grille surround is there and the
openings on the wings would hold the turn signals lights.The frame is also the
1275 frame(no curved crossmember).The front bumper is rigged on the car but it
was done very well,does any one think that the Brits could have rigged these on
in the final months of production as they ran out of the chrome and the rubber
 ones were going to be used anyway?or could this be someones idea of a cool
modification?The car is cheap enough if it is a valid prodution oddity,I
wouldn't buy it myself as I just found a 60 in a shed I'm trying for.If any
listers are interested email me and I'll tell you more offlist.usual
disclaimers,yadda,yadda,yadda.Brad   DFW
area