Re: Calling All Midgets

To: Herb_Goede@amsinc.com, pvanner@pclink.com
Subject: Re: Calling All Midgets
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 12:13:36 EDT
Cc: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 6/18/99 3:35:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Herb_Goede@amsinc.com writes:

<< Big Healey owners treat us worse than Porsche 911 owners treat the 914
 crowd.  >>

I haven't found this to be the case.  I know there are individual car owners
who are, in their own honest opinion, "holier than thou", but I don't think
you can lump all Big Healey owners together.  I am a member of the Smokey
Mountain AUSTIN HEALEY Club, by virtue of my Sprite that I have under
restoration (seems that I always have and always will have it under
restoration), but I drive my Midget in all the club functions.  We have a pub
night , very popular, once a month and park our cars on the grass lined up
outside the Pub.  My little blue Midget sits proudly flanked by Big Healeys,
and in April I was the Drive Captain of a Saturday weekend drive--the Midget
again proudly led the Big Healeys through the Tennessee Mountains.  And I
have felt absolutely no snobbishness on the part of the Big Healey
owners/club member.  Only acceptance.

As to a separate MIDGET meet?  I am not really in favor of splitting our
ranks.  I think that in BOTH the Austin Healey camp and the MG camp we should
promote not Sprite or Midget, but Spridget!!  After all they are virtually
the same car.  So I would have shown up at Sprite Rush in my Midget and
participated fully in everything I could, and if my Sprite is finished and
there is a Midget thing, I might drive either one--who knows?  My fender fits
your fender.  8^)  ALWAYS be Siblings and always promote SPRIDGETS!!!

My loose change on the issue!!!

-----David