Re: New Minilites have arrived ! What size tire ?

To: Mymgmidget@aol.com
Subject: Re: New Minilites have arrived ! What size tire ?
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 19:56:56 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Great tire, but from what I've heard and seen, very very tough to fit to a
SWA car.  You at least need a Panhard bar (good idea anyway).
You may get away with 175/60, if you can find them (I think Larry Miller
had some sources for this size).
But I agree that the size that most people use with these and other wheels
is 165/70.  Like Peter said, they are the smae OD as stock tires.

Ulix (165/65-13)

On Wed, 23 Jun 1999 Mymgmidget@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 6/23/99 8:17:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> dhiley@cadvision.com writes:
>
> << Hi Mike
>
>  I have a round wheel arch '72 and put 185/60 Yokohama A509 tires on 13 x 5
>  minilite copies. I got the tires from tirerack.com  No rubbing anywhere and
>  man do they stick.  The tires were recommended to me by the fellow at
>  Riverside who does the 5 speed conversion kits. >>
>
> But mine isn't a RWA.... (I wish it was !!!)
>
> Mike

http://students.washington.edu/~ulix/         '67 Sprite     '74 X1/9