Re: Speedo & 5-speed

To: dwramsey@worldnet.att.net, millerls@email.msn.com
Subject: Re: Speedo & 5-speed
From: shawn tobin <suhs2@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 09:01:28 CDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I have the 90 degree adaptor and cable from Rivergate and my speedo has
worked fine for about a year now.  Unfortunately my odometer quit about a
month ago.

Following is an excerpt from an email i just received from Bill Perry:

When you get the new speedometer , before you install it, I suggest you
check the speedometer cable as follows.  With the inner cable pushed in all
the way, measure the amount of cable tip protruding from the housing.  If it
exceeds 3/8", grind off the end down to that amount.   Some new speedomters
have a very short hole inside the input and require this short cable length.
Let me know if we can help further..

I don't know if this has any bearing on Crash's and others problems but it
is information.

How exactly was Rivergate's cable "bad" ?