Re: uh oh...

To: nory_midget@yahoo.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: uh oh...
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 11:29:54 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 6/24/99 1:50:21 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
nory_midget@yahoo.com writes:

<< >Ye' ol' Heathkit Battery Charger
 >(inherited)

 Heathkit???  Oh my Gawd!  A flood of childhood
 memories come rushing in all at once!

 Now, tell me I'm not the only one that remembers Heathkit? >>

You are dating yourself, Nory.  Welcome to the OF club!

My father used to build Heathkits when I was a kid.  He is/was a ham radio
operator.  I think he still has his six meter Heathkit transciever (The
Sixer) which I saw recently on display at The Franklin Institute Science
Museum.  My father used to work for RCA in Camden, NJ.  He built is first TV
from scratch in the late '40s.

There used to be a Heathkit store in Northeast Philly that we went to.  My
brother got our last Heathkit, a color TV.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport