Re: Minilites and New Tires - Follow-up

To: Mymgmidget@aol.com, Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Minilites and New Tires - Follow-up
From: Lmacy1211@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 09:40:32 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I had 175/70 Michelins on 13/5 mags on the 76. I ran into a small
problem. The tires rub the front wing in a corner with a dip (compressing
the spring). This I fixed by rolling the lip on the inner wheel well. The
rear was fine.
IMHO If you can afford the Michies get them - they are a far better tire.

Larry

>I asked the list on the best tire size to fit on the 13 X 5 Minilites on a
>78
>Midget.  The outstanding response is a 165/70 13.   Calling around to most
>tire places this morning has come up with places not carrying enough/any in
>that size except for the Michelins at 65.00 each.   Everyone has 175/70 13
>sizes in stock at a much reduced price (32.00 each).  Plain and simple......
>will a175/70 fit without rubbing ???  I want to get these tires on today for
>a cruise in this 95+ degree weather !!
>
>Thanks,
>Mike

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?