Re: loctite strikes--warning

To: ulix@u.washington.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: loctite strikes--warning
From: shawn tobin <suhs2@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 08:37:10 CDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
The product I used is a thread restorer designed to be a cheap alternative
to helicoils.  The bolt is used to form the threads in an epoxied hole where
the threads are bunged.  Unfortunately the release agent didn't and the bolt
got stuck.  Thankfully, a machinest friend of mine coached me to heat it
till it smoked and burnt up the epoxy.  The bolt is free and I have real
helicoils in my breather mounting holes (yipee).

Thanks for all the replys!

Shawn Tobin
'69 Midget 5spd daily driver (now, why did I take it apart again?)