Re: Progress and a ?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Progress and a ?
From: Dave Woerpel <dwoerpel@wi.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 23:56:20 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Pete:

I just had the same problem.  Our conclusion (my son Adam and myself)  was that
the fan is slotted only for removal from the shaft and the only thing that holds
it in place is the nut when properly tightened.  The nut had come loose on our
generator and when I shut off the engine you could hear this spinning noise like
a bad bearing.  I thought the internal bearing had gone.  Keep those nuts tight.
(sorry, had to do it)
Anybody else have advice?  I tried putting in a spacer but then the nut did not
go all the way on.
Good Luck,
Dave
59 :()