Smiths tach numbers - PLD

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Smiths tach numbers - PLD
From: "Doug Ingram" <dougi@home.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 22:17:04 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
This is a posting with PLD content, that is "PICKY LITTLE DETAILS", which I
love but others may want to hit the delete key.........

The mechanical drive tach was replaced with an electrical impulse type with
the introduction of the 1098cc engine in the Sprite Mk II (HAN7). According
to Horler, the correct gauge is Smiths RV12401/00. Horler also states that
the correct gauge for the Sprite Mk III is Smiths RV12401/00B and was marked
"Positive Earth". The other day I was looking at the tach in a friend's Mk
II and it was marked "Positive Earth" and was Smiths RV12401/00A. There is
no assurance that this one was original.

Does anyone have information to help me sort this out? Am I dealing with 3
different, but very similiar tach models? Do any of the Mk II people out
there have the RV12401/00 tach with neither the 'A' nor 'B'?

Thanks,

Doug Ingram
Victoria BC
1958 Frogeye