Re: Fuel Gauge

To: "Larry Miller" <millerls@ado13.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel Gauge
From: "Wiedemeyer" <boxweed@thebest.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 16:04:31 -0400
Cc: "spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
If the gauge is new and it has never worked right, and it runs backwards no
matter whether the wires are reversed or not, then the problem has to be in
the way the gauge was originally wired at the factory.  I would bet that
when the gauge was made, the small parallel current that is wired to go
across the needle indicator and then to the other pole of the gauge was
actually either mis-connected or shorted back to the pole from which it
started.  This could cause the needle to register backwards, even if the
wires were reversed.

Bob