Importing a car from Canada...

To: spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Importing a car from Canada...
From: Bill Elliott <wcelliot@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 17:50:14 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi!

Since I know there is a wide range of experience on the list... can
anyone tell me the specifics of importing a 1960 model car from Canada?

I'm familiar with the DOT paperwork necessary on a newer car, but am led
to believe that on a car this old that no paperwork is needed and I just
declare it at the border.

An associated question: it is in a converted snowmobile trailer.  Such
trailers, being under #3000 gross, do not require tags/registration here
in WI, so I plan not to have tags on it.  Will this be an issue getting
it over the border?

Thanks for any guidance.  No, I'm afraid it's not a Spridget, it's a
Berkeley T60  (John Huthart's for those of you familiar with it.) It is
RHD but was previously registered in the US. Planning on bringing it in
at Detroit.

Thanks!

Bill Elliott
Lake Mills, WI