Re: Cooling garages

Subject: Re: Cooling garages
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 17:17:08 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
On Tue, 6 Jul 1999, Jay Bourgraf wrote:

> Keeping cool? Funny you might ask. I was at a guys house, over the
> weekend, and he had a cool "ar ar" way to keep his garage cool. He had
> a refrigerator out there for his beer keg. He ran tubing through the
> side and coiled it all up on the inside. On the outside, he hooked it
> up to a small pump and a car radiator. The rad had an electric fan on
> the back of it to blow air. It worked. I wonder how much of the keg or
> kegs were spent before that one was figured out.
> Jay Bourgraf
> 65 mkiii

Before anyone goes and copies this design, this only works if the fridge
is outside the room to be cooled since the heat removed from the water
will be rejected at the back of the fridge.  Since the fridge is less than
100% efficient, the garage would actually heat up if the fridge was in the
same room...

http://students.washington.edu/~ulix/         '67 Sprite     '74 X1/9