Re: Importing a car from Canada

To: wcelliot@concentric.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Importing a car from Canada
From: Kate & Gary Bales <kgb@clipper.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 08:02:47 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
All I can add to this discussion is to tell you not to try to enter the
US with 3 clearly labeled, sealed bottles of distemper vaccine for the
puppies in your car.  Going into Canada was no problem.  Coming out of
Canada was no problem.  Entering the US took the best part of 6 hours,
despite my repeated requests to use my phone card to call my vet and
confirm that the vaccine really was what it said on the label.  My brand
new car, with less than 6000 miles on it was nearly destroyed in the
process.  I would suggest you cross on one of the back roads into Idaho
or Montana.
Kate