Re: Smoke !

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Subject: Re: Smoke !
From: "Guy" <Guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 18:55:58 +0100
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Right,
Thanks Peter, Mike and all, for your advice about "Old Smokey"
(Mike, especially, precise and detailed help is always valuable)

Engine was re-bored and honed.  I assembled it with pistons supplied by the
engineer.  They are made by TRW and came with rings pre-fitted, so I hope
they were the right way up.

I am never too sure what all the references to PSV are.  I don't believe
that we have PSVs in the UK ??

On the front of the timing cover is a tin cylinder, filled with a wire "pan
scrubber". From this a rubber pipe goes to a "Y" branch and two short stub
connectors into the carb bodies. No apparent valves that I can see.
I will try restricting the size of the hose with a small pair if
vise-grips, and see if that reduces the smoke.

Smoke is not a big cloud, but a steady puff puff puff of blue.

Thanks,
Guy