brake balancing adventure

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: brake balancing adventure
From: Craig P Carter <craig@papillon.its.yale.edu>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 07:22:07 GMT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
So, I pulled the rear drums and found that the right cylinder had apparently
blown its seals. It was a rusted mess with fluid leaking out everywhere.
It's amazing to me that the front brakes worked! I spent Saturday
replacicylinders and shoes on both sides. I'll spend some time driving it today
to try
and wear them in a little before attempting the inspection again on Tuesday.

Then it's on to that pesky ignition light that seems to flicker and glow more
and more. (sigh). Suggestions?  Thanks for all the advice on the brakes!

Craig - 74 Midget