New Addition

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: New Addition
From: Bill & Cindy <fatboy@metro.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 17:26:25 +0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net

Spridgeteers,

Well, we did it again. Dragged home another LBC today. These little cars
are like M&M's...ya just can't have one!

Specifics are; 65 MKlll Sprite VIN HAN8L53059 originally red, but now
sporting a faded maroon paint job. No motor, no top frame, dash and heater
assembly out of car and bead blasted and in need of paint. Steel wheels, no
steering wheel, great bumpers, good glass and an unattached (but correct
rollbar). Heater tray needs replacement. Both "A" pillars have been creased
and bondoed over, a couple of rust bubbles on the corner of one front
fender. Floorpans solid, but surface rusted with no holes. No rust in door
pillars, sills, rear fenders or spring boxes.

This car was advertised on the www.mgcars.org.uk webpage and purchased for
$500.00. We drove over to Lodi, CA from Santa Rosa, CA today in 100 +
degree heat, loaded her on to the tow dolly, disconnected the driveshaft
and towed her home (approx. 100 mi.) with absolutely no problems.

Cindy and I are pumped , feel that we got an exceptionally restorable car,
at a reasonable price, one that we can refurbish while we still have the 69
MKIV as a daily driver, and wanted to share our elation with the list. Any
archivers out there take note...another one has been found by the "LIST"!

Thanks for listening to my ravings...I'm off to check the list's archives
for information on dash repainting and converting to dual-line brake systems.

Later,

Bill & Cindy