We are Baaaaaaack

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: We are Baaaaaaack
From: Bkitterer@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 02:29:59 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Spridgetters,

Just a note to let you know we are home from our summer trip.   Once again
the Texas Healey RoundUp in April was a great event.  The folks in Texas just
pack a load of fun into a Friday through Sunday event.   British Car Day in
Townsend, TN in May was a delight.  Amy's May West Driving Event was a
wonderful day offering you an opportunity to try different types of driving
events and followed by a picnic.  If you missed this event let Amy know you
want to be there next year.  Where else can you try your hand at a gymkana, a
funkana and a ralley in one day and still have time for a picnic!!

Our Sprite got damaged (parts inside the trailer fell on it) on the way to
Texas.  Then the generator bearing / bushing went out.  We went ahead and
took the car to Texas and Tennessee and made efforts to do repairs but for
various reasons it did not work out.  Finally in frustration we rushed back
to San Diego, put the car in the body shop on Tuesday, got it back at noon on
Friday, did mechanical repairs on Saturday  and were back on the road on
Sunday.  Spent a few weeks being lazy in eastern Texas and slowly working our
way up to St. Louis.  We had a great time at Conclave '99 and got to renew
friendships that we made last year.

Then it was pretty much a dash home.  We were fortunate in that we missed or
were on the fringes of all of the bad weather in the south and western states
of the past few months.  Now it is work with our local club getting ready for
the West Coast Meet in San Diego next month.

Hope everyone has had a most pleasant spring and start of summer.

Bob and Annice
1960 Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)