PCV valve on Canon manifold

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: PCV valve on Canon manifold
From: "Geoff Branch" <branch@valinet.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 11:12:39 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I installed the PCV valve by tapping in to the manifold with 1/8" NPT barbed
angle fittings per Frank's suggestion.  One on each manifold side, 1/4" hose
y'd into a 1/2" hose.  The Y restricts the flow down to about 1/8" each
side.   Now when I try to accelerate hard the engine sputters with no power
until I let off the gas and SLOWLY accelerate.  Even then, the top end
performance seems lacking.  Does this mean that I'm PCV-ing too much?  I've
heard several listers mention a nut in the hose to restrict; what size nut
and where does it go?  Are all PCV's about the same, or should I try a
smaller one?  I used a Hastings that the parts place crossed from Napa
2-9254.  It fits into 1/2 hose on the manifold side and 5/8 hose on the sump
side.  Thanks again for all the help.

Geoff Branch '74 Meejut