Re: Bore tool? (1275cc)

To: Palmer Family <amesfolks@snovalley.com>
Subject: Re: Bore tool? (1275cc)
From: Carolyn/Rick <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 20:48:45 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Barry,

David gives good advice.  They will even remove the ridge for you.  Install new
wrist pins in the pistons and check for taper in the cylinders.  The inside
mic's are expensive for a good set, and I wouldn't want to trust real cheap
ones.  There  is also a knack to measure it.  I can't do it very well either.
Find a good machine shop then bring him the pistons he wants so he can match
them to the cylinders.

I know it cost money, but the difference is between a 30,000 mile rebuild and a
100,000 mile next time.  It's not that difficult, but this is one important
step.

Good luck

Rick

--
52 MGTD,Sparky    74 MGB, B-tris    76 XJ12 Coupe, Jacque
60 Bugeye, Puddles      58 MGA Coupe, Ruby