Tranny rebuild update

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Tranny rebuild update
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 16:10:50 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I am forwarding this to the list for Chuck.
He is having format problems so if any computer gurus can help him out,
email him.

in refrence to the trans tear down.  please remember that there are 2
rib caes trans.  1098 has diffrent ratios than a 1275 one.  all rib case
does not
exchange unless it is of the same era.  also on the BLMC gold seal
rebuilds of rib case boxes usually can be found a washer on the 1st and
2nd
shift rod where it enters the main case.  this was the "fix" for
transmissions that were found to over ride the first gear synchro detent
balls and
either launch them completly or lock up in first gear with no hopes of
hammering or yanking it out.  the first gear synchro was such a problem
that the washer fix was "the fix" for the synchro poping out the balls.
also it is the only hope for a box already doing this.  i had a box in
and
out 3 times untill i ran across some very interesting info from an old
mechanic that served at an ex BLMC dealership in the 60's.  i am unable
post this on the site due to i dont know how to change my computer's
format to plain text yet.  thanks.  chuck .  cfchrist@earthlink.net
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ