Woo hoo!

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Woo hoo!
From: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@icx.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 21:03:06 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Well, there are now officially Midget tire tracks in my back
yard.  I bit my lip, put her in gear, stood up as much as
possible to see over the busted windshield, and drove her
around the yard.  :-)

Needless to say, after replacing the starter, changing the
oil/filter, adding some water, reattaching a wire to the
coil, pouring a bit of fuel in the carb, and spraying some
ether, it literally started right up.  Not bad for a free
Midget that had been parked for 7 years.

There were a few oddities though.  I have never been near a
running Midget with a Weber (downdraught), but the carb
seemed to be very responsive.  But the car won't idle.  I
have no idea how to adjust the idle, and I didn't really
look.

Secondly, white smoke was coming up out of a little hole on
the front side of the air filter plate on the carb.  I
attribute that to old gas.  Little to no smoke out of the
exhaust.  Oil pressure stayed between 50 and 65, depending
on RPM.  The engine doesn't miss.

Thirdly, the clutch pedal goes down and won't come up
sometimes.  Does this mean the clutch system needs to be
bled?

Fourthly, it's hard to drive when you can't see through the
windshield.  :-)

Now I just have to clean up the nasty water that was
sloshing around my feet, reattach the passenger seat, and
replace the windshield.  Thanks for everybody's help and
support!

adrian

'75 Midget that was running before I came in for dinner...

--

J. Adrian Barnes

http://www.midgetweb.com